While having dinner at my favorite taco spot recently, our server shared that the guacamole of the day contained both pineapple and bacon. Sounds really, really good, right?
That got me thinking back to the Grilled Pineapple Avocado Salad I shared a couple summers back. Why not incorporate some bacon into that? Or, in my case, coconut bacon. And so I did. And it’s delicious. You should make some.
Maybe you are looking at the photo and thinking my guacamole looks a little chunky. You would be correct in thinking that. I like my guac with big chunks of tomato and in the case of this recipe, roasted pineapple. But you say you like yours smooth? Then make it that way! Chop up your maters smaller, dice the pineapple into tiny pieces if that’s what makes you happy. I like mine chunky and piled atop chips or cucumber slices.
Alrighty…on to the recipe. Enjoy!
Roasted Pineapple and Bacon Guacamole
- 4 avocados , diced
- 4 rings of pineapple (fresh is best, canned is also ok)
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup coconut bacon crumbles (or regular bacon if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons diced cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 fresh jalapeno , finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tablespoons)
- salt to taste (I find salt unnecessary after adding the bacon)
- Fire up your barbeque grill and grill the pineapple rings on both sides until lightly caramelized.
- Once pineapple has cooled, dice into pieces sized to your liking.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except lime juice, folding gently to incorporate. Once all ingredients are mixed, add the lime juice and stir to incorporate.
- At this point, salt to taste.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate. Enjoy!
I’m linking this post up with Gluten-Free Wednesday. Pop over there and check out all of the incredible recipes. This is my favorite place to browse great recipes every week!