My favorite fella has been buying this gluten-full treat at Trader Joe’s, Cowboy Bark. Their version includes chocolate, JoeJoes (their variation of Oreos), pretzels, peanuts, cashews and sea salt.
I decided to give this my own spin and make it gluten-free. Cowgirl Bark, you’re gonna love it!
A foundation of chocolate, topped with melted peanut butter chips and a plethera of gluten-free goodies to add a layer of crunch combine to make this a sweet indulgence unlike anything I’ve made before. This is super easy to make and takes no time at all. I made a couple batches in about 30 minutes. If you can manage to not eat all of it, Cowgirl Bark makes a great gift. Or so I hear.
- 12 ounce bag chocolate chips
- 10 ounce bag peanut butter chips
- 6 gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into thirds or quarters
- 1/3 cup gluten-free pretzels, broken into pieces
- 2 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cashews
- sprinkle of sea salt (optional)
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your preferred method (microwave or double boiler), melt the chocolate chips.
- Spread onto the parchment paper. Allow to harden either at room temperature or to speed up the process move to the freezer.
- Melt the peanut butter chips using your preferred method. Spread over the top of the hardened chocolate layer.
- While the peanut butter chips are still soft, sprinkle with the chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Then add the pretzel pieces.
- Finally, add the peanuts and cashews. This is also the time to sprinkle with sea salt if you would like.
- You may wish to lightly press the toppings into the peanut butter layer.
- Allow to harden, then break into pieces. Enjoy!