Do you have dozens of hard boiled eggs left over from Easter? Today I’m sharing one of my favorite everyday meals to help you use up those eggs.
I love egg salad. Many variations come from my kitchen, some with avocado, some with curry, even one with tortilla chips, but today I’m sharing my basic egg salad. Quick, easy, likely that you have all of the ingredients on hand.
One quick note: you’ll notice I’ve used a vegan mayonnaise in this recipe. This seems counter-intuitive since the recipe contains eggs. I’m pretty particular about where my eggs come from and therefore rarely use a store bought mayo with eggs in it. If I’ve got lots of eggs (like this week!), I sometimes whip up my own mayo, which makes for a super indulgent egg salad. Either way, you can’t go wrong with the basic, tried and true recipe for a classic!
After Easter Egg Salad
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 small red onion , finely diced
- 1 T . stone ground mustard
- 1 T . lemon juice
- 1 t . dried dill weed
- 1/2 t . celery seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices gluten-free bread
- lettuce leaves
- Chop hard boiled eggs and add to bowl with all other ingredients. Mix just to combine.
- Serve on toasted bread with lettuce leaves or other greens between the egg salad and bread. Makes two generous sandwiches.