It’s here! It’s here! Finally, it’s grilling season! Today I’m sharing one of my favorite quick and easy marinades for the grill, Maple Mustard Marinade.
I’ve mentioned this here before, but folks who grill mostly meat are surprised when they hear how much the grill gets used in my veg household. We grill several nights a week when the weather is good, but we also grill when the weather is brutal. We grill every month of the year, every meal from breakfast to dinner. If you’ve never had grilled peaches atop your oatmeal, you’re missing out! Pizza on the grill is perhaps my favorite, although any combination of grilled vegetables makes my tastebuds happy.
This marinade works for many dishes. A combination of grilled vegetables or vegetable kabobs marinated in this makes a great side dish. Tempeh or extra firm tofu marinated overnight then grilled is a favorite here. I’ve even brushed fresh pineapple with this marinade and then grilled it. I’m going to guess it would work well with meat, but you’ll have to report back on this and tell me as I have no first hand experience. 🙂
Maple Mustard Marinade for the Grill
- 1/2 cup Tamari , gluten-free soy sauce, coconut aminos or Bragg's aminos
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (use Grade B if available)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- To marinate, place your chosen dish (veggie, tofu, tempeh, etc....) and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour marinade over the top. Cover the dish with plastic and place in refrigerator for at least two hours.
- I will occasionally flip the item in the marinate. Most items that I marinate are best left overnight to really absorb flavor but a couple of hours does the trick.
- Grill using your preferred method. Enjoy!
If you are a fan of grilling, you might also enjoy these recipes:
Happy grilling and BBQ season to all of you!