My favorite dairy-free sour cream alternative is a simple Cashew Cream. So easy to make, simple ingredients AND I would rather have it than regular sour cream any day. So flavorful! Adding Sriracha to it? Crazy good.
I’m sharing this recipe today as a stand-alone recipe BUT you’ll want this to go with the next recipe I share. How’s that for teasing you? I’m sharing tempura avocado tacos next and sriracha cashew cream just belongs with them.
One last thing before the recipe. I know some of you food hipsters have moved on from sriracha. Gochujang is your new spicy thing. Well, guess what? Gochujang works just as well in this cashew cream recipe. If you are gluten-free like me, don’t go eating just any gochujang, as many are made with barley. I like this one from Wholly Gochujang. It’s the only gluten-free one I’ve found.
Sriracha Cashew Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews , soaked overnight in water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- Soak cashews overnight in water.
- Drain water.
- Place cashews in high speed blender.
- Add juice of lime and sriracha.
- Add filtered water so that it covers the cashews about 3/4 of the way.
- Turn blender on low, gradually increasing speed to high. Blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick for your liking, you can add a little more water (no more than a couple teaspoons at a time) and blend again.
- Store in the refrigerator. I have only kept this 2 or 3 days, because we eat it. I would venture to guess you can keep it for up to one week.
I’m linking this post up to Gluten-Free Fridays over at Vegetarian Mamma. Click over for many more tasty recipes!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase via one of the links, I might make a small commission. I use affiliate links to offset the costs of maintaining this website. Thank you for your support of my crazy dream!