Zucchini Ravioli, The Easiest Homemade Ravioli Ever!
- 3 small to medium green zucchini or yellow squash
- 2 cups fresh spinach , chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 8- ounce containers Kite Hill ricotta (dairy-free) OR regular dairy ricotta, very well drained in cheesecloth if using dairy ricotta
- 1 jar marinara sauce of your choice
- Brazil nut parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Lightly oil a 9 x 13 cooking dish and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix ricotta, chopped spinach, olive oil, garlic, basil and oregano. Set aside.
- Slice zucchini into long, thin strips using a Y peeler , carrot peeler or mandolin.
- On a flat surface (I use a large cutting board), lay out four strips of zucchini in a crosshatch pattern. Think of potholder-style weaving. Place a dollop of filling in the center. Fold the side to close the zucchini, then turn over so the top side is facing downward in the baking dish.
- Repeat until all zucchini has been used. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While ravioli is baking, warm sauce and make Brazil nut parmesan if desired.
- Remove the ravioli from the baking dish using a spatula. Three makes a nice meal here, you may prefer more or less. Top each ravioli with a spoonful of sauce and a sprinkle of Brazil nut parmesan.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do. It’s perfect for Summer when zucchini is so abundant!
Want to save this recipe for later? Here’s a fun picture you can drop over on Pinterest. Enjoy!