Mornings like today make me crave pancakes. It’s a little grey out, our neighborhood is so quiet I think I’m the only one up except for the retired neighbor who gets up before the chickens every single morning. All of our dogs are still in bed, lazily looking up at me every time I pass by their fluffy pet bed village. But not me, I’m up and making pancakes.
Six pancakes, to be exact. With only two pancake eaters in the house, a small batch recipe is a good idea. Quick, easy, and just enough pancakes for a lazy morning breakfast.
Lazy Morning Pancakes for Two, gluten-free
- 3/4 cup of Johnna's Favorite Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup almond flour (I use Honeyville or Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 1/2 t . coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 t . baking powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T . coconut oil , liquified
- 1/2 t . vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk together and then add to dry ingredients.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. If necessary, add a bit of cooking spray to griddle. Scoop batter onto griddle by 1/4 cupfuls.
- When bubbles appear around the edges, flip and cook until lightly browned. Top with your favorite syrup. I like agave, honey or maple syrup.