This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure for more information.
This is the Crockpot I use for making this sauce:
And this. This gadget saves me SO much time in the kitchen. I use it to chop nearly all of my vegetables. If tomatoes are pretty firm, they can even be cut with this.
Enjoy the sauce!
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce, from the garden!
- 6 cups diced tomatoes (skin on or off, I leave it on)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 1 large red onion , diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 t . dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Once ingredients have softened and cooked down by about half, place all ingredients in high speed blender.
- Blend just until well combined for a thicker, chunky sauce. Blending longer will make a thinner, smooth sauce.
- This is a good time to taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and store in freezer-safe containers.
Pages: 1 2