Are you scrambling to finish your Christmas shopping? Or maybe you are done with the bulk of it and just want to add a handmade, personal touch to your gifts. I’ve got five terrific ideas for you! Here are five last-minute DIY gifts from the kitchen that can be made in minutes with ingredients you may already have in your pantry.
- Sweet Ginger Sriracha Roasted Cashews. If you make nothing else for food gifts this year, start with this one. People are crazy for these! It has been suggested multiple times that I should commercially produce these for sale, but they are so simple to make that you can do it and impress your friends and family.
- Gluhwein, German Mulled Wine. While I will never tire of receiving wine gifts, this is a special one and requires very little time from you. (There’s even a free printable for you to use, fancy!) A nice bottle of wine from the store along with a few spices, honey and an orange and you’ve got a Gluhwein kit. This recipe rivals any Gluhwein I’ve had in European Christkindl markets. You could even include a couple of nice mugs to make this a snazzy gift set.
- Gingerbread Body Scrub. Yep, made in the kitchen with ingredients you probably have on hand. The next time you are looking at bath products, check out the ingredients. I have no idea what half of that stuff is, so I make as much as I can at home. Plus who doesn’t want to smell good enough to eat? No need to stand under the mistletoe for a smooch after using this!
- Sugar and Spice Candied Almonds or Pepitas. I love that this recipe is made in the crockpot. If the smell is the roasted nut stand in the shopping mall catches your attention, these are for you! And there’s a fun little printable label you can stick right on the lid of the jar. Add a little ribbon and you’ve got a homemade gift that your friends will enjoy too much to share. (I like these labels best for large lid jars.)
- Skin Refining Mask. Another wonderful bath product made with three simple kitchen ingredients. If the winter dry air wreck havoc on your skin, try this. If you worry about fine lines, give it a go. Or if you just want to take better care in what you apply to your skin, this is for you. While we often think of these gifts for the ladies, I know a few fellas who use this and have much softer skin as a result. Print a label to put on the lid, tell them you bought it at the new hipster apothecary for $45. Or keep it all for yourself and don’t divulge the secret to why your skin is glowing.
I wish you all the best as we move into Christmas and New Years. I’m taking a short break next week to get my own gifts cooked up in the kitchen and spend some time with my loved ones. I’m so grateful for you reading along and can’t wait to see what the New Year brings to all of us! Much love…
Disclosure: This post and the linked posts may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. I use affiliate links to offset the expenses of maintaining this site. Thank you for your support.