The garden goodness continues here, which means everything dish coming out of my kitchen contains zucchini or tomatoes. Or both. This one has both.
A couple weeks ago a friend posted her version of zucchini pizzas on Instagram:
Don’t they look delicious? Her quick description on how to make made me realize only one easy substitution would make them work for me: switch our dairy cheese for non-dairy. I’ve used Daiya here, you can use whatever works for you.
We’ve been eating these as an entree. I think they would also make a great appetizer, especially with smaller zucchini. We’ve been using up our larger zucchini to make these. I’ve got a smaller zucchini recipe or two coming up soon as well. Because as I mentioned, everything coming out of my kitchen contains zucchini and tomatoes right now. Enjoy!
- 1 large green zucchini
- 1 cup shredded non-dairy cheese (or dairy if that works for you)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce of your choice, homemade or thoughtfully store bought
- 2 T. olive oil
- sliced tomatoes
- basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4" to 3/8" thick rounds.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place under broiler in oven, 2 minutes on each side.
- After both sides have been under the broiler, remove from the oven and top.
- Place a spoonful of sauce on each slice, followed by "cheese" shreds, a slice of tomato and a basil leaf.
- Return baking sheet to oven with broiler on high. Broil until cheese is melty.