This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure for more information.
Simple Summer Salad: Zucchini “pasta” salad
- 2 medium green zucchini , cut with a spiral slicer
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 4 green onions , sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup hemp or sesame seeds (optional but tasty)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice , fresh squeezed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Salad Greens (I like this served over a bed of greens like baby aragula)
Cut the zucchini using spiral slicer and place in large salad bowl.
Top with all other salad ingredients and toss.
Add avocado, olive oil and lemon or lime juice to blender.
Blend until very smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper and give another quick whir.
Alternatively, you can mash the avocado with a fork and then mix the ingredients very well in a bowl or shake, shake, shake them in a mason jar.
Pour dressing over salad and stir to combine.
If possible, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow flavors to marry.
I’m linking this post up with Heather’s Raw Foods Thursdays over at Gluten-Free Cat. Click over there for lots of delicious recipes. If ever there was a time of year perfect for raw foods, this is it!
Pages: 1 2