Yesterday morning I was a bit sniffly. By yesterday afternoon, my head felt heavy, I was sleepy and had the feeling that I was about to have a cold. You know that feeling? Like maybe you are about to be sick? I don’t have time to feel sick, so I headed into the kitchen to make a mug of this concoction.
I’m not claiming to have some magical cure to colds or the flu or whatever ails you, but I do have an easy beverage recipe to share with you that makes me feel better in the moment. This is my favorite cold, dreary day beverage, my favorite beverage for when I’m feeling under the weather. Perhaps some disclaimer is necessary: I’m not a doctor. I don’t play one on the internet. I like the flavor combination in this drink and it makes me feel better when I have a cold or the beginnings of some seasonal malady. I think you will like it, too!
So here you go, Apple Ginger Honey Cider. I hope it remedies what ails you…or at least puts the deliciousness of Autumn in your mug!
Apple Ginger Honey Cider for One
- 1 mug of apple cider (not the hard stuff, just plain ol' cider)
- 1 ginger teabag (I like Yogi Ginger Tea)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 spoonful of honey (you decide how big the spoon is)
- Heat one mug of apple cider.
- Add a ginger teabag to mug of cider. Steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove teabag. Add spoonful of honey and cinnamon stick.